Is 2018 the year to finally invest your company’s time and advertising budget in that new social media platform? Or, would you be better served to go with a multi-faceted print campaign? To help businesses decipher what tactics they should embrace (or ignore) in 2018, we’ve put together a cheat sheet with the top marketing trends of the New Year:
1. Big data: With big data, it’s easy to uncover information about customers’ likes, purchase histories, search habits and more. Thanks to affordable online tools, businesses can now mine these data sets, cross-reference them with external data and provide customers with more personalized content.
2. Direct mail: Despite common preconceptions, young and old customers alike continue to prefer physical mail. Companies can now use data lists (e.g., big data) to target and personalize mail pieces to yield response rates of up to 20 percent.
3. Social influencers: When making a purchase or planning an experience, today’s customers often look to social media influencers. By partnering with popular figures on YouTube, Facebook or Instagram, companies can directly (and affordably) connect with their target audiences.
4. Email marketing: When it comes to email marketing, personalization and tracking are key. Businesses should tailor their communications to specific customers with personalized landing pages or coupon codes to receive significantly higher click and open rates. But they must monitor, measure and tweak to reap continued positive benefits.
5. Packaging: Eye-catching packaging can mean the difference between customers buying or skipping over a certain product or brand. Companies can use different print techniques (e.g, UV), coatings, inks, materials and colors to better attract customers and, in turn, boost sales.
Need help creating and executing a successful marketing campaign? Contact the Magna IV team today at 800-946-2462!